Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Weekend Hangover

I think the worst part about having such a lazy weekend is the lack of motivation to get the week started. I couldn't even muster up the energy yesterday to pick my towel off the ground! Just stepped on it all day. Ugh.

At least I made it to physical therapy. She stepped it up a bit. I'm walking backward on the treadmill. I was so sore when I got home. I walked about 1.5 miles today between Norton Farm and the mall. If it were warmer, I'd get back out this afternoon, but Lubbock won't keep his mittens on, so he gets cold.

By the way, I'm so sad that I just discovered Norton Farm. Today is the last day they have all the stuff set up, but for $2 (free for under 2 ... bonus!) ... they have a big pile of hay you can throw around, a pyramid made of hay bales to climb, caged roosters and bunnies to look at, two horses (or donkeys, or something like that ... I'm such a city girl), a big wooden train to climb through, a maze, and lots of other things to do. They open again in May, but I'm sure the hay stuff doesn't come out until later in the season. I can't wait to go again next year. But, we went today and it was a great time. Lubbock wore his winter coat for the first time, too (thanks again, Grandpa John and Grandma Colleen). I bought some local honey from the Farmer's Market area. Yum! I think I'll have to have a peanut butter and honey sandwich later!

Then we went to the mall to play in the indoor playground with Heather, Eleanor, and Joey. Well, that was the plan. They've already torn it down to make room for Santa. That's sad, too. We walked around the mall for a while, rode the carousel, had lunch, and came home for Lubbock to take his nap.

He's not fallen asleep yet. I think he's skipping today's nap. Oh, well. We've still got to buy the Halloween candy before it's only the icky candy left. You have to time the purchase of the candy just right. Not so soon that you eat it all and not too late that you get stuck buying Whoppers (my apologies to my friends who happen to be fans of Whoppers!).

By the way ... anyone else a Mad Men fan? How great was the season finale? Did you even know it was the last episode? Is Betty going to keep the baby? Are Pete and Peggy going to be together? Is Duck going to commit suicide? What's Don going to do with his $500,000? So many questions ... and we have to wait until next season?!?!?! I personally think the priest (who I just figured out is Tom Hanks' son) is going to leave the priesthood and marry Peggy. I also think that the baby Peggy's sister has is actually Peggy's and that her sister had a late miscarriage ... explaining why she's so bitter toward Peggy. I think Pete will tell his wife that he got Peggy pregnant and leave his wife, thinking that Peggy will take him ... but, Peggy's not that into him anymore. I think Don will give the $500,000 to his California wife and take Duck's position. He may even come clean to everyone about his real identity. I think Betty will keep the baby and she and Don will start a new 'chapter' of their life together ... but, will he be Don Draper or Dick Whitman?

No comments: