Sunday, October 19, 2008

Amazon Women

At the Moms Together breakfast last week, the speaker brought up an interesting concept that I have heard of before, but never really thought about it as a practical solution to life's complications. She called it "Amazon Women." Every so often, they all showed up at one person's house and worked on projects that said person needed help with. I think it's a pretty cool idea. I'm not sure how many people would be up for it, but I think as I get older, I'm less afraid of asking for help. So, if anyone wants to join my Amazon Women group (currently membership of one) ... let me know. Just a thought.

I scrubbed out my tub today (Lubbock had his first at home bath in a few days). Other than a few things that need to be addressed, I'm pleased ... with the design, not the work. At least it's usable right now. I'm going to leave it at that. I'm letting Kevin take over at this point.

Lubbock keeps waking up super early lately ... 5:30 this morning. I don't know what that's all about, but when daylight savings time starts, it will seem worse. I've started not giving him breakfast until 7 no matter when he wakes up. It's my own theory that hasn't really worked out yet. His diapers have been really full, so I think that's why he's waking up and I don't like leaving him in wet diapers since his skin is so prone to rashes. I think there's just been so much excitement around here lately.

Again, I really have nothing of importance to write about ... just needed to sit for a minute. Back to finally putting my house back together.

No comments: