Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early Halloween, Part Two

This morning, Aunt Lo (as we're calling her around here) joined Lubbock and I as we ran some early errands. We went to Barnes & Noble to look for a book of children's skits (no luck) and purchase my 2009 planner. I can't believe it's already time for that!

We then went back to Norton Farm to purchase our pumpkins. Heather had called and I suggested she join up with us there. She was able to see what fun the children's area will be next year (it's almost completely torn down already). The guy running the stand said that in addition to all the play areas, they give free hay rides, too! I can't wait until it's open again. We were able to let the kids look at the animals, though. There were bunnies, ducks, roosters, goats, pigs, and others, but I can't remember.

We attempted to get a picture of the kids, but that was even less successful than yesterday! I was able to get a pretty cute picture of Eleanor and Lubbock trying to escape with their pumpkin selections!

I bought some pumpkins for the front porch and some small items for decoration on our kitchen table. I think next year, I'll just buy 'horse apples' to fill the container. They look great with the colors in my kitchen and still very fall-looking.

We then went to Panera to meet up with the Tri City Tots group for lunch. I can't believe how many people showed up. I invited Heather, thinking it would be a great opportunity to meet some of the other moms in a casual setting, but the room was so full, there was no chance to really visit. (Sorry, Heather.)

Nap time was a complete bust today as well ... Lubbock fought it when we got home, so I decided to get back out to finish our errands and he got crabby. So, here we are at 4:30p and he's just now fallen asleep. At least I can try to get my fall centerpiece done! I'll post pictures when it's ready.

No comments: