Monday, April 13, 2009

The Free Gum

I feel like I'm about to announce the birth of a child. In a way, it does feel like I've added to our family, though.

On Friday ... just before all my scrapbooking friends arrived, I received a phone call. "Is this Nata-Leigh?" "Yes, this is she." "I'm calling about a table at Anthropologie that you want. It's on sale." "Oh." ...

I'm not sure it was the wisest purchase, but I got it! And since it was the floor sample, I even got a free piece of gum that someone left behind! I'm really finding this piece of gum hilarious.

This is as much as I'm going to show you for now, though. I figured since I already got the table ... I should go ahead and get the chairs. (Similar logic works with ... I already ate one piece of cake ... I might as well eat the whole thing.)

They should be here Friday.

Now, I am attempting to rid my house of the old dining table and chairs. I've listed them on craigslist, but so far have only had scammers ("I'll send you a check for $5,000 ... you keep the change and ship it to me."), people who don't know where I live even though it says "Batavia" in the title (one lady lives in Lansing, MI and I had to tell her it wasn't worth her drive), and people who want me to sell it to them for super cheap because they have some sort of sob story (I believe they simply copied the lyrics to a country song and then added, "so please consider this when giving me a new, more affordable price"). It'll sell ... I have no doubt.

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Wow. I've gotten a couple of scams, but never sob stories. That would be hard to say no to if I couldn't tell they were lying. I'm am SO EXCITED you got your beloved table finally. WAHOO!! Can't wait to see more of it besides the gum. ;o)

Jen said...

Yay! You got the table! I can't wait to see it!!