Thursday, July 24, 2008

Making Progress

The picture of the white flowers and bug is one I took last night. I tried getting one of the biggest bee I ever saw, but he moved too quickly for me to capture. He was really big, though! After class, I walked down to Heather's and we just had a nice talk. We have so much in common and it's nice to be able to not feel judged when you say something stupid. For instance, I was telling her about how I wasn't wearing a bra the first time I met her and I've always felt bad about that. I dwell on silly things sometimes. I don't know why I'd feel weird about that since she knocked on my door completely unexpected. But, it's just one of those things I think about every once in a while.

I got home at 10:00 pm and sat down to watch The Baby Borrowers. This is one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to TV watching. I also admit to liking Judge Judy. I like her line about "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Tonight, Lubbock, Lauren and I are going to another outdoor concert in our little downtown area. It should be fun and provide Kevin with a night to himself. I think that's one thing I appreciate about my relationship with Kevin is that we both understand the need to have time with our friends and time alone. I think it keeps us sane sometimes. I do feel bad, though, that Kevin hasn't really made any friends outside of his job. I realize it's kind of like setting up a play date for him when I try to introduce him to my friend's husbands, but, seriously, how else is he supposed to meet anyone? I think he liked RJ when he came to fix our water heater, so that's at least a start.

I'm not sure I'm going to get much further downstairs until this weekend, but I took a few pictures anyway. There's a picture looking north and one looking southwest. The southwest picture shows the table and set of drawers I was able to snag up. I need another set of shelves to get the rest of my stuff organized. Then, I took a picture of all the paint I've been able to collect on freecycle! I actually have 4 more cans in my car and am picking up another three this weekend. I need to start looking for a projector to borrow from someone so that I can get the mural drawn on the north wall and start painting. That's going to be so much work, but I'm sure I'll have fun doing it and it will look really cool when it's done. I'm sure it's going to be the room we live in the next few winters, so I should put as much effort into it as possible.

I can't wait to start.

I'm going to go make a salad for lunch ... mmm ... avocados, tomatoes, onions, maybe even some bell peppers. Lubbock will have his traditional chicken and veggies. Crud! I forgot to make him some chicken yesterday. He'll have fruit and veggies and chicken for dinner. Why not mix it up and have a little fun? You know you're a mom when you consider having chicken for dinner "mixing it up!"

Oh, this is the picture I'm basing the mural on ... http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/144-pop-garden-canvas-reproduction.html

2 comments:

Melisa said...

I couldn't get the picture to work... I could be inept though.

That is a lot of paint! I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Melisa said...

That looks like it will be a lot of work! It will look great though!