Monday, July 28, 2008

Laid Back Weekend

Ah! What a relaxing weekend. When Kevin got home on Friday, we just hung out and talked about our upcoming road trip to Texas. We both went to bed early and Lubbock even let us sleep in until 8:00 a.m. We went to Geneva and walked around an art fair and stopped in for a bite to eat at a local Mexican restaurant that we hadn't tried before. It was actually fairly decent for this area. What a surprise! I tried giving Lubbock a chicken quesadilla and some fried corn fritters. That kid won't eat anything fried. He must not be my child. He doesn't like chicken nuggets either. I am actually really happy about this.

Then a lady stopped by from freecycle to pick up some old wood framed windows that were stacked in our basement from the previous owner. It was nice to not have to put them in the land fill and the lady that picked them up is turning them into some sort of art, shabby chic thingy. I recommended that she take out the glass and put a piece of corkboard on one side and metal on the other side and turn them into a message center. Maybe I should have kept one and done that for myself! I also told her about all the paint I've been collecting and she agreed to come back and pick it all up when I'm done with it.

We just hung out the rest of the day. Sunday morning, Kevin went to the Jalapeno Grille and got some breakfast burritos ... they were so big and good that I wasn't hungry again until dinner. We walked around the local outdoor mall for most of the afternoon. I think I've done so much purging lately in an effort to actually fit into our "cute" little house, that I've become more picky about what I buy and won't buy things just because they're on sale anymore. I have a $10 gift card to DSW, but I couldn't find a pair of shoes I liked enough to buy. There must be something wrong with me if I can't find a pair of shoes!

Lauren and I watched Mad Men last night. It was a little bit of a disappointment because I didn't feel like any of the questions I had at the end of last season were answered. I think it will get better based on the interview they showed of the writer ... hopefully it's just off to a slow start.

Oh, I spent most of Saturday evening cleaning Lubbock's toys since we're hosting the playgroup on Wednesday and with all the sickness going around, I want to be extra cautious. I think he's got too many toys if it takes me more than an hour to clean them all!

No comments: