Saturday, July 19, 2008

Girls Day Out

Aaahhh ... what a wonderful day. I met my friend Maureen just before lunch in Geneva and we shopped a little bit. I found 7 awesome spools of ribbon for $1 each at my favorite card and gift wrap store. They were in a tiny basket at the back, tossed aside and I had to bend down to look at them before I noticed they were all $1. Score!

Then we went to my favorite resale shop for clothes and toys. I ran through the toy area super quick to see what they had. Sitting right in the middle of the room as if it were placed there just for me was an awesome wood activity table with red accenting. It's another perfect find for the room downstairs. It was $16! So, I'm $42 into my budget. I know I still need a large table for me, a chair for me, two chairs for Lubbock's side, two bookshelves, and some sort of toy container for Lubbock, too. Oh, a TV/VCR, but I'm sure I can find that on freecycle. $58 left. I hope I can do it.

Anyway, we had lunch at the Harrington. I had a wonderful tomato cream soup and a goat cheese and pistachio salad. Then we met up with Gretchen and had massages. These were our Valentine gifts from our husbands that we are just now using! It was so relaxing and I feel very rejuvenated.

When we were done, I called Kevin to see how things were going, but he said he wasn't feeling well. I decided to come home instead of joining the gals for a glass of wine. I'm glad I did because Kevin has 102 temperature! So, he's in bed and I guess we aren't doing anything tonight. Oh well, maybe when my mom and sister get home, I can go do something downstairs by myself.

I'll have to take before pictures to post before I start doing anything!

1 comment:

Melisa said...

I love girl's day outs!!! Sounds fun!