Monday, December 8, 2008

The Well Traveled Frosting

I've grounded myself from the computer until the house is ready for the holidays, but I couldn't resist ...

I'm cleaning out my food pantry looking for things to donate and checking expiration dates. I found lots of expired things, but a can of frosting that expired in 2003 took the cake (get it!?!).

It got me thinking about how well-traveled this can of frosting is. First, it was manufactured in Minneapolis, made its way to a grocery store in Oklahoma City (or Ardmore or Duncan ... depending on where I lived when I bought it). Lived with me for a while in Oklahoma, moved with us to Texas, moved with us to Illinois where it lived in a rental for six months and now is in our present home.

I should really clean out the pantry more often.