I had Kevin kick me out of bed when he gets up (at 5:15am) and I put on my brand new running shoes and took my Ipod and shot out the door. I started at a brisk walk, then jogged for about 15 second spurts, briskly walking in between. It felt really good. I have no clue how far I went, but if I had to guess, it was 3 miles. I have to go to the bank today, so I figured I would drive the course and see what the car said.
I even made a special playlist on my Ipod with songs that had really fast, heavy beats. My playlist has:
- Gnarls Barkley "Crazy"
- The Apples in Stereo "Ruby"
- Bowling for Soup "Ohio"
- Chris Isaak "Diddley Daddy"
- Dolly Parton "Why'd You Come in Here"
- The Juliana Hatfield Three "A Dame With a Rod"
- The Killers "Mr. Brightside"
- The Killers "Somebody Told Me"
- The Killers "Midnight Show"
- The Killers "This River is Wild"
- Lily Allen "Alfie"
- Marilyn Manson "The Beautiful People"
- Mute Math "Typical"
- Modest Mouse "What People Are Made Of"
- Old 97s "Doreen"
- Old 97s "Time Bomb"
- Old 97s "Four Leaf Clover"
- The Roches "We"
- The White Stripes "Seven Nation Army"
- The White Stripes "Hypnotize"
- Pat Green "Carry On"
- Fatboy Slim "Gangster Tripping"
- James "Sometimes"
I only make it half-way through the songlist, but I had it on shuffle so I wouldn't get a huge clump of The Killers (Lubbock's favorite band, by the way) or the Old 97s.
At some point on my walk back I noticed that the insides of both of my heels were feeling like they were slipping in my shoes, so I tightened my laces and it actually felt worse ... "power through it." I had two little blisters when I got home. Kevin suggested that I buy heel inserts for my shoes. He's probably right.
So, blog readers ... Dad, Lauren, and Melisa ... I am going to try to get out in the morning and see if walking (with spurts of jogging) can turn into a nice run before Kevin leaves for work. Hold me to it. Seriously.
At least until the first snowfall.