Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hmmm

44:27

I was so excited to get done with my walk this morning (let's call it what it is, right?) ... not so excited about the time. It was 45 degrees out this morning and I was just wearing my capris and a tank. My ears and fingers were freezing. I passed this lady at one point and she was bundled up in her winter gear. What's wrong with these people? I'm from Texas and I can handle it! I do think, however, that I need to find my gloves and headband to cover my ears.

Lubbock had his 15 month appointment (I'm a month off with appointments) and the doctor says he's doing fine. He's 31 3/4" tall and 25 pounds 7 ounces (or was it 24 pounds 7 ounces) ... I can't remember. He got his flu shot, too. He was understandable cranky the rest of the day. I dropped him off at Aunt Lauren's for some quality time with her while I picked up some groceries and she said that he picked up her work tie and tucked it under his chin and then held it there by pushing his chin against his chest ... kinda like he was trying to wear her tie. She cracks me up when she shares stories like other moms!

By the way, I went to the grocery store to buy something that is usually designated for my husband to buy ... Velveeta! I love the stuff, but don't like having it in the house. I was buying slices to make nice ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwiches with. I had no clue there were 8,000 different varieties of American cheese slices.

The longer I blog, the more I realize I have little to talk about! But, like getting out in the morning, I just need to do it sometimes.

3 comments:

psoup said...

Nata-Leigh your writing is so wonderful. It seems you have the Potts family's knack for it. It, too am quite funny in the written format! I have registered a blogspot -- but I haven't ever gotten the ego up to actually write anything. I don't really think that my life is interesting enough to write about...oh well...maybe it is. I LOVE the pics of Lubbock and especially the one's that show his super-cute personality. I miss all of you and wish we could have some time at Christmas. What are your plans?

psoup said...

By the way, PSoup is Aunt Pam.

Melisa said...

Okay, sweetie, I mean this in the most loving way possible...

ARE YOU INSANE?! :)

"45 degree weather" and "tank and capris" should not even be in the same sentence. You are one tough cookie! If it is below 60, I'm whining. Maybe I'm the insane one to be living in MI...

I'm glad that you are writing your blog. I think the every day things really give you a window into people's lives. I really enjoy reading your stuff. So, don't kick me out for calling you insane, okay? :)