Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Bad Wife and the Blood Pressure

*Sigh* We got the call last night. Cleo will leave our house on Monday. I feel like the worst wife ever. Kevin's dog has been such a stress in my life since I have been at home. I can literally feel my blood pressure rise at times when trying to deal with her and it makes me more short tempered when taking care of Lubbock. I just know that giving her away is the right thing to do for me, but I worry about how Kevin will deal with it. He'll take her to her 'foster family' on Monday after work. I know he'll be sad, but I know it's the right thing to do for me and for Cleo. It's still sad.

With that said ... I hope Kevin can forgive me in time for my selfish request to remove her from his life.

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Ohh, that is sad. You sound really upset. I'm sure he understands though. Lubbock is a priority for both of you, and Cleo was making it tough. He'll still have visitation rights, right? ;)

I've thought a lot lately about getting a dog. I just can't do it right now. Totally beyond my ability to cope at present. I hope someday...

Jen said...

Don't feel too bad. Cleo has snapped at Lubbock in the past...if she was in our house she would have been gone long ago.