Monday, January 19, 2009

The Incomplete Playroom

I don't know when I'm ever going to get back to working on the basement mural, so I'm posting a picture of it as it stands ... incomplete.

Lubbock doesn't care, so I'm in no hurry. I think his favorite part of the playroom is the teepee. He, Eleanor and Joey love to all get in and close it up and giggle. I don't know what they're up to, but I'm fairly certain they're plotting something!

Heather was brave last week, too, and bundled up her munchkins to come over and spend some time in the playroom. I took advantage of this and started to go through the boxes of previously mentioned cards and letters. It was nice to have Heather there to have a sounding board.

"Oh, who was this guy? I remember ... He was really nice ... I should keep this card."

Heather gives a disapproving look.

"Yes, a card from a guy I didn't instantly remember is obviously worth keeping. You're right, Heather. Off it goes."

All in all, I only kept about 10 things. So, I'm really proud of myself. I think my next big 'emotional' clutter purge will be my boxes and boxes of pictures. I need to get them all scanned and loaded onto a disk, but that takes time ... lots of it, so it's probably a project I'll save for when the desktop gets moved downstairs.

Anyway, I know I've been promising pictures of the playroom and kept thinking I'd wait until it's done ... but, realistically, I have no clue when that's going to be, so there it is. It's missing anything that's dark purple and the bridge section in the middle. Once all the color is up, I'm debating tracing everything in black. I haven't decided yet, though.

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Great mural! You are so talented! What a fun room!

Melisa said...

By the way, awesome purging! How great to have someone to help be a voice of reason.