Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Anticipated Album

I really heart 'Ruby' by Apples in Stereo. The song truly puts me in a good mood. No matter what, I always sing at the top of my lungs and have an extra skip in my step when I listen to that song.

Now, Lubbock, can enjoy their stuff, too ... Robert Schneider of Apples in Stereo is releasing a kid's album on February 17, 2009! I am so excited. I can't wait. It's called Robbert Bobbert and the Bubble Machine. What a great title!

They've also got two tour dates listed, but it's no where near us ... so I'll just have to keep my eyes open. The count down begins!


I suppose I should add this ... the lyrics to 'Ruby' aren't exactly uplifting ... it's just the sound of the song and the 'ba ba ba' part in the middle that put me in such a good mood!

2 comments:

Melisa said...

I've never heard of them? Him?

Dan said...

You might have seen Robert or his band on The Colbert Report, Late Night With Conan O'Brien or his music in The Power Puff Girls, or the new Pepsi "Joy" commercials (the song is "Energy").

The full album is streaming now at ABC NEWS: http://abcnews.go.com/abcnewsnow/amplilfied

Check it out!