Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Great Team

Last night was Kevin's office party. I don't know if they consider it to be the 'holiday' party or not, but I like that it's after all the craziness of the holidays has settled and you can relax and have a good time.

To get in the mood, I got a snazzy haircut. Paul, my friendly hair guy, flat ironed my hair. I got lots of complements. It did look awesome last night, but since I am completely incompetent when it comes to using hair tools, it will never look quite that spectacular again. I washed and styled on my own today and it still looks pretty good, though.

So, Gretchen picked me up so I didn't have to drive home alone and as soon as we got on the highway, it started sleeting. Luckily, Gretchen's new-Christmas-present-car-with-a-big-red-bow has four-wheel drive, so we were fine. And Gretchen, you're a fine driver!

We arrived at Maggiano's just as they were having everyone sit down for dinner. They had delicious gnocchi with a tomato vodka sauce and wonderful tiramisu (although I took a picture of the cheesecake). We sat with Jim & Gretchen, Kevin (O.) & Maureen, and a few other peeps.

Prior to dessert, they presented awards and Kevin's team won best team for the year. He was so proud. And I'm proud for him. I know he works hard to do a good job and to be recognized in such a big way had to have been a great thing for him ... and his guys and gals.

We made it home by 11p, so it wasn't that late of a night. And I'm glad. Lubbock woke up a few times last night screaming. I think he's having growing pains. So, I gave him some ibuprofen and put him in bed with us while he calmed down. I was rubbing his legs (I remember that when I had growing pains, it was always my legs that hurt the worst) and hummed for him. Unfortunately for me, the only song I could think of last night was Silent Night. Why when you're tired, can you brain not even function well enough to think of one other song?

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Lookin' hot, lady!

So glad you had fun AND looked smokin' to boot.

Way to go, Kevin! AWESOME!