Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Mom and the Potty

I wouldn't say that I'm working on potty training, but we did have a slight success this week. Our first pee-pee in the potty!

I bought a chair a while ago and sat Lubbock on it, but wasn't thrilled at the low-ness of the guard in the front. The little frog one seemed to have more of what I was looking for.

Lubbock likes it, too. He likes carrying it from room to room, putting it in the bathtub, and standing in it. I try to sit him on it and he thinks it's all pretty hilarious.

One of the things he also thinks is pretty funny is to take his diaper off and pee wherever he may be. I've been paying attention to this, though and trying to run him into the potty chair when he does this. I successfully sat him on the chair earlier this week. I made a really big deal and clapped and hugged him and kissed him. He then wanted to stand in it. I guess I'll take what I can get.

This whole exercise reminded me of the qualities that make many of the moms I admire so great. Patience, persistance, and positive attitudes. (Yes, they start with P ... pee ... get it!?!? I crack myself up.)

I've been a mom for almost two years now and these three qualities are the ones that I seem to work on the most. Perhaps being a mom is more about making changes in me than about making changes in the little people that make it all possible. On that note ...

I'd like to thank all the little people that make it possible to be a mom. Especially, my little guy! I love you.

And just a quick side note: if you're looking for free stuff ... check out Savvy Cyber Mama (my friend Jen ... Hailey's mom).

No comments: