Friday, June 5, 2009

The Un-Gardener

I potted some flowers for the front porch and had enough left over for one pot in back ... yes, orange flowers.

This is the theme color for this summer. All orange, all the time.

I did buy a big yellow watering can and Lubbock likes to help me water so much, I decided he needed his own little can. So, he enjoys helping me water with his own can.

Apparently, he also loves unplanting the flowers. Not that they were really planted to begin with. I kinda sorta just pulled each plant out of the little square and placed it on top of the soil in the pot. I was in a hurry and meant to get back later and fix them. But, alas ... I haven't gotten back to them.

I'm so envious of people who have the patience to grow flowers and vegetables and spend hours a day weeding and pruning. I'm not sure it's in my blood. I do love looking at them, though.

In fact, I think I need to get to Morton Arboretum soon to have a nice long walk through all the pretty flowers and gardens. That sounds so relaxing! Anyone wanna join me?

1 comment:

Monica said...

Call me when you go!!! we'll come play!